At a glance
Who can apply
Employer who intends to appoint EP holder to Board of Directors.
How long it takes
Within 5 weeks.
If you decide to appoint an Employment Pass holder from another company to your Board of Directors, they will need to carry out directorship duties under the Companies Act.
As directorship duties are considered work, you must first get approval from MOM by applying for a Letter of Consent (LOC).
If approved, you can then proceed to register the directorship position with ACRA.
MOM will generally grant an LOC only if:
- Your company is related by shareholding to the Employment Pass holder’s employer. This must be reflected in ACRA records.
- Employment Pass holder is taking up the secondary directorship for purposes related to their primary employment.
How to apply
To apply for an LOC:
- Complete and sign the request form.
- Submit a scanned copy of the signed form using iSubmit.
Under Request Type:
- Choose option 1: Work Pass Application Matters (Excluding Work Permit).
- Then choose Appointment of pass holder from related company to your Board of Directors.
Your request will be processed within 5 weeks.