At a glance
Who can apply
Employer who intends to appoint EP holder to Board of Directors.
How long it takes
Within 5 weeks.
If you wish to appoint an Employment Pass holder from another company to your Board of Directors, you must first seek approval.
If approved, the Employment Pass holder will be granted a Letter of Consent (LOC).
MOM will generally grant an LOC only if:
- Your company is related by shareholding to the Employment Pass holder’s employer.
- Employment Pass holder is taking up the secondary directorship for purposes related to their primary employment.
How to apply
To apply for an LOC:
- Ensure that your company has updated its shareholding records with ACRA.
- Complete and sign the request form.
- Submit a scanned copy of the signed form using iSubmit.
Under Request Type:
- Choose option 1: Work Pass Application Matters (Excluding Work Permit).
- Then choose Appointment of pass holder from related company to your Board of Directors.
Your request will be processed within 5 weeks.