At a glance
|When to replace
If your pass card is lost, stolen or damaged, you must get your employer to apply for a replacement within 1 week.
- For a stolen card, you must also file a police report.
- If you lost the card while overseas, your employer must inform us immediately. We will issue a letter for you to use when entering Singapore.
|Who can apply
||Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
|How much it costs
For a damaged card, the fee is $60.
For a lost card, the fee is:
- $100 for the first loss.
- $300 for a subsequent losses.
Fees are non-refundable.
- We may call you for an interview before we issue a new card, or if you lose your card repeatedly.
- If you find your lost card subsequently, you must return the lost card to us. Post it to Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
Apply for a replacement card
When: Within 1 week of damage or loss
To submit an application:
- Log in to EP Online to apply.
- Pay the replacement fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit.
- Once you submit the request, no refund is allowed.
- If the request is approved, print the card replacement letter. It will have instructions on collecting the replacement card.
Pass holders can then proceed to collect the replacement card.
Collect the replacement card
When: 4 working days after approval
The pass holder can collect the card at the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC) 4 working days after the request is approved. You don’t need an appointment for card collection.
Bring along these documents for the visit:
- Original passport.
- Card replacement letter.
- The damaged card (if applicable).
- Completed declaration form (for lost or stolen cards).
- Police report (for stolen cards).
Note: Overseas police reports should be translated to English.
If your card was lost or stolen, you must collect it in person.
If you are replacing a damaged card, you can authorise someone to collect it on your behalf by completing the authorisation form for card collection at EPSC.