Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Employer's responsibilities

In accordance with the Employment of the Foreign Manpower Act (EFMA), employers must ensure that their foreign workers live in proper housing, and provide the workers’ residential addresses to MOM.

There are various types of housing for foreign workers, each with its own set of requirements. See types of approved housing for details.

Register and update residential address and mobile number

What to update

Employers must register and update your foreign workers’ info in Online Foreign Workers Address Service (OFWAS):

  • Residential addresses
  • Mobile numbers (from 17 November 2017)

When to update

For work permit applications and renewals: Register before work permit issuance.

For changes in your foreign workers’ place of residence: Update within 5 days of any changes in residential addresses.

If you fail to carry out the above housing responsibilities, your company could be banned from work permit applications or renewals. You may also be prosecuted.