Skip to main content

Getting a Dependant's Pass for Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holders' newborn

If you are an Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass holder, you can apply for a Dependant's Pass for your baby born in Singapore. You will need to get a passport for the baby and apply for the pass within 6 weeks of birth.

Getting a passport for your newborn

When: Within 6 weeks of baby’s date of birth

After the baby is born, you should register your child’s birth with ICA, within 14 calendar days.

Upon completion of the birth registration, you will receive the child’s birth certificate and an ICA advisory note. The note serves to inform that a Special Pass has been granted to allow your newborn to stay in Singapore for 42 days from the date of birth. During this time, you need to:

  • Get a passport for the baby from your embassy or high commission.
  • Apply for and get an appropriate immigration pass for the baby to remain in Singapore.
More information on ICA’s Website.

You must apply for the appropriate immigration pass for your child’s legal stay in Singapore. Any delay beyond 42 days from your child’s birth is an offence under the Immigration Act.

Applying for a Dependant's Pass

After you have received your baby's passport, you can apply for a Dependant’s Pass by submitting this application. You will get an outcome within 4 weeks for most cases.

If your baby’s passport is not ready, we are unable to accept a proof of passport application for the Dependant’s Pass application.

Extend a Special Pass if you need more time

Holding ICA’s advisory note

If your baby’s passport is not ready by the end of 6 weeks, you can request to extend the Special Pass. You should submit this request only if the Advisory Note from ICA is expiring within 7 days.

Holding MOM-issued newborn Special Pass

You do not need to extend the Special Pass if your baby is already holding a Special Pass issued by Ministry of Manpower.

The Special Pass will be auto-extended for 28 days, if the Dependant’s Pass for your baby is not ready yet.

An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number, one day before the expiry date, to inform you on the updated Special Pass expiry date.

Do not intend to apply for Dependant’s Pass

If you do not intend to get a Dependant’s Pass, you need to apply to ICA to get a visit pass or extend the Special Pass. You may wish to contact ICA before going to the Visitor’s Service Centre, Level 4, ICA Building for further assistance.

If the pass application is unsuccessful

If your baby’s Dependant’s Pass application is unsuccessful, you need to do one of the following:

  • Make sure the baby leaves Singapore before the Special Pass expires. MOM will not grant an extension of the Special Pass.
  • Apply for a visit pass from ICA if the baby is not able to leave Singapore before the Special Pass expires.
  • Apply by going to ICA Visitor Services Centre, Level 4, ICA Building.