Scam alert: Impersonation phone calls
Suspicious phone calls attempting to impersonate the Ministry of Manpower.
We have been alerted to incidents where members of public received suspicious phone calls from callers attempting to impersonate the Ministry of Manpower.
These scam phone calls come from:
- An overseas number. MOM does not make calls from overseas.
- Instant Messaging apps. The profile photo of such fake accounts may show a picture of the Ministry of Manpower's logo or MOM officer.
- A spoofed ‘+’ number, even if it’s ‘+65’ it does not mean it’s from Singapore.
Members of public who receive such calls should:
- Be vigilant. If you receive such a call, ignore it.
- Not transfer any money to the caller, either via remittance agencies, banks or any other means.
- Not provide the caller with your personal information such as name, identification number, passport, bank account or credit card details, and OTP.
We take such incidents seriously, as they undermine public trust in MOM. If you have information related to such incidents, call the anti-scam hotline at 1800 722 6688.