In view of the COVID-19 situation, there is no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you have made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest updates, including changes to our work pass services from 7 April to 4 May.
Skip to main content

If I increase a Work Permit holder's salary or monthly allowance, or reduce their food and housing deductions, do I need to report these changes to MOM?

As an employer, you are not required to report an increase in basic monthly salary, fixed monthly allowance or fixed monthly salary.

However, you are encouraged to do this, so that MOM has a record in case of a salary dispute. You should also document these changes at your end.

If you are decreasing basic monthly salary, fixed monthly allowance or fixed monthly salary, or increasing food and housing deductions, you will need to notify MOM. 

If the salary increase affects a worker's upgrade to skilled status, you will need to update their salary using WP Online. You should do so promptly. Upgrades to skilled status are done on the 1st of each month, so any delay in changing the salary information will delay the upgrade.