Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

What is the FDW's employment agency responsible for?

If you engage an employment agency (EA) to help you with hiring a foreign domestic worker (FDW), the EA is responsible for:

  • The FDW’s upkeep and maintenance, including accommodation, from her arrival until she is successfully placed for employment, or until she is sent home if unsuccessfully placed.
  • Sending the FDW home, and bearing the cost of doing so, if she is unsuccessfully placed.
  • Ensuring that you and the FDW sign the safety agreement.

The EA should only place the FDW for employment after she has attended the Settling-In Programme (SIP).