If you have an injury due to work, you should claim in accordance with Work Injury Compensation Act (WICA).
In accordance with WICA, you are entitled to:
- Full salary of up to 14 days of outpatient medical leave.
- Full salary of up to 60 days of hospitalisation leave.
- 2/3 of your salary, payable for the remaining period of your medical or hospitalisation leave, up to one year after the date of your accident.
- This is separate from sick leave entitlement under the Employment Act.
- Do not deduct medical leave granted for work injuries from employee’s Employment Act entitlements.