Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

What should I do if I claimed WIC under common law but realised I'm unlikely to claim successfully?

Under WICA, injured employees have 1 year from the date of the accident to decide whether to pursue their claim under WICA or common law.

You can re-file to claim under WICA if you stop your common law claim, as long as this is done within 1 year of the accident.

You can also withdraw your WICA claim as long as it is done before the order for WICA compensation is issued, or deemed to be issued.