Skip to main content

Do employees or their representatives still need to file claim for work injury compensation with MOM?

In accordance with WICA 2019, there is no need for the employee (or employee’s representative) to make a WIC claim with MOM. The claim is deemed as made once the employer has notice of the accident leading to the work injury.

Claim processing for all cases will start automatically once MOM is notified of the accident.

Employees (or their representatives) should still notify their employer as soon as possible when there is a work accident.

Employees who don’t wish to make a claim under WICA will need to opt out using the claim withdrawal form sent by MOM.

This takes effect for all work accidents that occur from 1 September 2020.

For cases of policies that started from 1 January 2021, the employee (or their representatives) should:

  1. Get the withdrawal form from their designated insurer.
  2. Complete the form and submit it to the designated insurer.

Refer to the list of designated insurers.