Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Can I claim for medical bills and certificates from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioners recognised under WICA?

Medical expenses for TCM treatments are claimable under WICA only if the TCM treatment is performed at restructured and private hospitals, which are licensed under the Private Hospitals and Medical Clinics Act (Cap. 248). Find out which hospitals are included.

Medical expenses for TCM treatments are not claimable under WICA if they were performed at other locations, even if it is at a clinic registered with the TCM Board. 

For computing medical leave wages, only medical certificates (MCs) issued by a registered medical practitioner (Medical Registration Act Cap. 174) and registered dentist (Dental Registration Act Cap. 76) are recognised under WICA. If a TCM practitioner grants you an MC, ask them if they are registered under one of these Acts.