Skip to main content

Can I reduce the amount of dangerous substances so that my factory isn't an MHI?

You need to provide evidence to the Workplace Safety and Health Commissioner to demonstrate a permanent decrease in the quantities of dangerous substances to below threshold values stipulated in the WSH (MHI) Regulations.

Demonstrations could be through:

  • Decommissioning of plant.
  • Transferring ownership of process equipment.
  • Application of lower licenced quantities of substances regulated by SCDF and NEA, etc.

If your justification is accepted by the Commissioner, you need to submit a new application for factory notification or factory certificate of registration.

Once application has been approved, you need to terminate the Certificate of MHI Registration.