Processing time: Within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.
There are two steps to submitting an application:
- Submit the application form.
- Register your business (if required) and get final approval.
Submit the application form
To submit an application:
- Complete the EntrePass Application Form.
- When filling in your Occupation, please use the closest match from the following list of standard occupations: A-I, J-R, S-Z
- Submit the application along with the supporting documents over the counter at any SingPost branch.
- Pay the $70 administrative fee for the application. You can pay by cash, NETS or CashCard. Keep the payment advice slip given to you as proof of your submission.
When: Within 1 month after getting approval-in-principle (if the company is not registered)
If your application is successful, and your company is already registered with ACRA, you will receive an in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
If your company is not yet registered, you will receive an approval-in-principle (AIP) letter to register your company with ACRA.
After you have registered the company with ACRA, fax or mail the following documents to MOM's Work Pass Division within 1 month from the date of the AIP:
- A copy of the company's ACRA business profile or instant information.
- Approval in-principle letter.
- A bank statement of at least $50,000 from a Singapore-based company bank account.
It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. Your application will be assessed jointly by MOM and the Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board Singapore (SPRING).
You can check the application status online 3 weeks after submission.
If the pass is approved, we'll mail the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the Singapore address given in the application form.
The IPA gives you 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued.
When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
Processing time: Immediate
You must be in Singapore when the pass is issued. You can make the request yourself if you have a SingPass account, or you can get a company representative or employment agent to do it.
To get the pass issued:
- Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see what you'll need).
- Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
- When the request is approved, print the notification letter.
The notification letter:
- Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for your EntrePass.
- States if you need to register your fingerprints and photo.
What you'll need
You will need the following information for issuing the pass:
- Candidate's passport details.
- Details of the candidate's current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
- Candidate's residential address in Singapore.
- A local address where we can deliver the card.
- Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.
You may also need to submit PDF copies of these documents:
- Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card).
- Completed medical examination form or health declaration form.
- Completed declaration form attached with the candidate's in-principle approval letter.
When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)
Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo. You will have to register if you are a first-time candidate or if your last registration was more than 5 years ago.
For registration, you must make an appointment to visit the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC). You need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.
Bring along these documents for your appointment:
- Original passport.
- Appointment letter.
- Notification letter.
- Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.
When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
We will deliver the Employment Pass card to the given address 4 working days after you register and get your documents verified at EPSC.
If you did not have to register your fingerprints and photo, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.
The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.
If card delivery fails
After two unsuccessful deliveries, you'll have to collect the card at EPSC.
You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don't need an appointment.
Bring along these documents for the visit:
If you hold an existing pass for work or long-term stay in Singapore, you need to return your old card.
For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, mail it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the “card return” function in EP Online to:
- Check if we have received the card.
- Tell us why you are unable to return the card.
For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.
You don't need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.