Skip to main content

Apply for an EntrePass

You can submit your EntrePass application at any SingPost branch. The application takes around 8 weeks to process.

At a glance

Who can apply Candidate.
How much it costs When you submit the application:
  • $70 for each pass
When the pass is issued:
How long it takes Within 8 weeks for most cases.
Documents required Find out what you’ll need.
Related eServices

more eServices and forms

These are the steps for applying:

Step Who does this Result
Submit an application Candidate In-principle approval letter or rejection letter
Get the pass issued Candidate, company representative or employment agency
Notification letter
Register fingerprints and photo (if required) Candidate Acknowledgment of card delivery
Receive the card Authorised recipients or candidate EntrePass card
Return your old card Candidate Use EP Online to confirm that MOM received the old card.


  • Getting an EntrePass is not a guarantee that your business registration and licences will get approved.
  • You will still need to get approval from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) for registering your business. You also have to apply separately for any licences needed to start your business.
  • Processing time is around 8 weeks. You will not be able to extend your Short Term Visit Pass if it expires before your application is approved.

Submit an applicationShow

Processing time: Within 8 weeks. Some cases will take more time.

Submit the application form

To submit an application:

  1. Complete the EntrePass Application Form.
    • When filling in your Occupation, please use the closest match from the following list of standard occupations: A-I, J-R, S-Z
  2. Submit the application along with the supporting documents over the counter at any SingPost branch.
  3. Pay the $70 administrative fee for the application. You can pay by cash, NETS or CashCard. Keep the payment advice slip given to you as proof of your submission.

It takes around 8 weeks to process the application. Your application will be assessed jointly by MOM and the partner government or government-linked agencies such as SPRING Singapore, IMDA and SGInnovate.

You can check the application status online 3 weeks after submission.

If the application is approved, we'll mail the in-principle approval (IPA) letter to the Singapore address given in the application form.

The IPA gives you 6 months to come to Singapore and get the pass issued.

Get the pass issuedShow

When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval

Processing time: Immediate

You must be in Singapore when the pass is issued. You can make the request yourself if you have a SingPass account, or you can get a company representative or employment agent to do it.

There are two ways to get the pass issued:

  • Using EP Online (if you have an employment agent or you have a SingPass)
  • Over the counter

Using EP Online

To get the pass issued:

  1. Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents (see what you'll need).
  2. Pay the fees using GIRO, or eNETS credit or debit:
  3. When the request is approved, print the notification letter.

The notification letter:

  • Allows you to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the pass card.
  • States if you need to register to have your fingerprints and photo.

Over the counter

Use this option if you don’t have a SingPass to use EP Online.

You need to make an appointment for the pass to be issued over the counter at the Employment Pass Services Centre.

Bring these documents for your visit:

What you'll need

You will need the following information for issuing the pass:

  • Candidate’s passport details.
  • Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
  • Candidate's residential address in Singapore.
  • A local address where we can deliver the card.
  • Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or email alert with delivery details.

You may also need to submit PDF copies of these documents:

  • Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card).
  • Completed medical examination form or health declaration form.
  • Completed declaration form attached with the candidate's in-principle approval letter.

Register fingerprints and photoShow

When: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued (if required)

Check the notification letter for whether you need to register your fingerprints and photo. You will have to register if you are a first-time candidate or if your last registration was more than 5 years ago.

For registration, you must make an appointment to visit the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC). You need to register within 2 weeks after the pass is issued.

Bring along these documents for your appointment:

  • Original passport.
  • Appointment letter.
  • Notification letter.
  • Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.

Receive the cardShow

When: 4 working days after registration or document verification

We will deliver the Employment Pass card to the given address 4 working days after you register and get your documents verified at EPSC.

If you did not have to register your fingerprints and photo, we will deliver the card 4 working days after checking your documents.

The authorised recipients will get an SMS or email with the delivery details at least 1 day before the delivery.

If card delivery fails

After two unsuccessful deliveries, you'll have to collect the card at EPSC.

You or an authorised person can collect it 3 working days after the second attempted delivery. You don't need an appointment.

Bring along these documents for the visit:

Return your old cardShow

If you hold an existing pass for work or long-term stay in Singapore, you need to return your old card.

For a work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, mail it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764. You can use the “card return” function in EP Online to:

  • Check if we have received the card.
  • Tell us why you are unable to return the card.

For a Special Pass or long term pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), return it to ICA. These include the Long Term Visit Pass and Student Pass.

You don't need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to ICA.

Last Updated: 18 September 2017