Who is eligible
You are eligible for an EntrePass if:
- You have (or intend to start) a private limited company registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.
- If registered, the company must be less than 6 months old on the date you apply.
- If you have not registered, you can wait for the outcome of your application before registering.
- Your company has at least $50,000 in paid-up-capital. You need to provide a bank statement that shows at least $50,000 in a Singapore-based company bank account.
- You hold at least 30% of the shares in the company.
Application for an EntrePass is open to all nationalities.
Your company also needs to meet at least one of these requirements, which will be assessed on merits:
Your company receives funding or investment from a venture capitalist (VC) or business angel who is accredited by a Singapore Government agency.
- Contact Singapore - Global Investor Programme (GIP)
- Economic Development Board Investments (EDBI)
- Infocomm Investment
- National Research Foundation - Early Stage Venture Funding (ESVF)
- SPRING Singapore - SPRING SEEDS, Business Angel Scheme (BAS)
- The company must receive monetary funding of at least $100,000.
- Submit a shareholder certificate and other relevant documentation to support your application.
Your company holds an intellectual property (IP) that is registered with an approved national IP institution.
- One of the shareholders must be the owner of the IP.
- Expired IPs can be considered as long as one of the shareholders is the inventor of the IP.
- The IP must be related to your proposed business.
Your company has an ongoing research collaboration with a research institution recognised by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) or institutes of higher learning in Singapore.
- National Research Foundation - Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise, Research Centres of Excellence
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- A*STAR Research Institutes
- The duration of the research collaboration is not essential.
- The research institution needs to provide a contact person to verify the research collaboration details, which must be related to your proposed business.
- You must be involved with ongoing research collaboration.
- Contract of services is not considered to be research collaboration.
Your company is an incubatee at a Singapore Government-supported incubator, e.g. SPRING Singapore’s Incubator Development Programme.
- You must be an existing incubatee.
- Your incubatee work must be related to your proposed business.
Businesses that are not eligible
The following businesses are not eligible for an EntrePass:
- Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts.
- Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges.
- Foot reflexology, massage parlours.
- Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing businesses.
- Employment agencies.
- Geomancy business.