regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

S Pass - Inform MOM

Update of details

Employers or S Pass holders must update us in the circumstances listed below:

Change of employer

To apply for a new S Pass whenever the S Pass holder changes employer. There is no need to cancel the existing pass before doing so. Each application will be considered based on the merits of the case.

[ back to top ]

Change of business entity (Change in CPF Submission Number)

Companies with change of business entity (For example, Sole Proprietorship to Private Limited company) may apply to transfer their foreign employees from the old to the new business entity if they meet the below criteria:

Eligibility criteria

  • New business entity must conduct the same business activities as the old business entity
  • The company must pay all outstanding levy charges under the old business entity
  • Old business entity has to terminate its registration with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
  • At least one of the new business entity directors/partners/sole-proprietor must be the same director/partner/sole-proprietor of the old business entity.
Note: This is not applicable to the following scenarios: restructuring, takeover by another company, merger of companies, transfer between subsidiaries/associates. For such cases, a new S Pass application must be submitted.

How to apply:

  1. Submit a Declaration of Business Activity for the new business entity (with new CPF submission number), before making a request for change of business entity.
  2. Download pdfRequest Form for Change of Business Entity.
  3. Submit electronic/scanned copy of the completed form via iSubmit web portal. Please select Option 6: Work Permit Application Matters for Business Sectors under Request Type on the web portal.

Processing time

  • Your request will be processed within 14 working days
  • If the application is unsuccessful and the old business entity has terminated its registration with ACRA, the old business entity will have to cancel the S Passes and repatriate the S Pass holders to their home countries.

[ back to top ]

Change of company name (Without any change in Legal Entity/Registration Number)

To notify MOM Work Pass Division using the pdfRequest Form for Updates of Company Particulars.

[ back to top ]

Change of company address

To notify Central Provident Fund Board (CPFB) and update MOM Work Pass Division using:

[ back to top ]

Change of salary

It is an offence to reduce the salaries of S Pass holders without first submitting a request to the Controller of Work Passes.

Employers who intend to reduce their salaries can do so using EP Online. For those without an EP Online account, you can submit the request using your company letterhead. The letter must be signed by both the employer and the employee. Submit the letter using iSubmit, select Option 1 under Request Type.

For employers who intend to increase their salaries, simply notify MOM in the same manner, i.e. using your company letterhead.

[ back to top ]

Change of designation

Employers should use the list of standard occupation below to check if the new designation can be found in the list. Then notify MOM Work Pass Division using your company letterhead. This letter should state the new designation and duties and signed by both the employer and the employee. Submit it using iSubmit, select Option 1 under Request Type.

If the request for change of designation is successful, an approval letter will be mailed to the company. The S Pass holders are required to carry the approval letter until the new S Pass cards are issued upon renewal.

[ back to top ]

Change of residential address

To notify MOM Work Pass Division through EP Online.

The pass holder or company representative is required to log in to EP Online (SingPass is required). Click on "Change Particulars > Personal Contact Details and Residential Address of Pass Holder" on the left function bar to update the residential address. Acknowledgment is immediate. The acknowledgment page must be printed and kept with the S Pass card.

If the pass holder is an employer of a Foreign Domestic Worker, the pass holder's new residential address will be updated as the new place of work for the Foreign Domestic Worker.

Note: For more information on SingPass and to check if you are eligible to apply for one, please visit SingPass website.

Under the Employment of Foreign Manpower (Work Passes) Regulations, all work pass holders are required to update their residential addresses with us within 14 days upon any change in their addresses. Those who fail to update their addresses can be penalised under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (EFMA).

[ back to top ]

Change of travel documents (including renewal)

To notify MOM Work Pass Division using the pdfRequest Form for Amendment of Personal Particulars.

[ back to top ]

Missing S Pass holder

To notify MOM Work Pass Division and proceed with cancellation as soon as possible.

[ back to top ]

Change of marital status

To notify MOM Work Pass Division by submitting the following:

[ back to top ]

Last updated on 26 September 2013 05:06:27