regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

S Pass - Before you apply

Declaration of Business Activity

If you have never applied for Work Permit (WP) or S Passes before, you are required to declare your organisation’s business activity*, before submitting any WP or S Pass applications. We will assess and assign your organisation to the most relevant industry, based on the business activity declared. The industry assigned then determines the number of WP and S Pass holders the organisation may recruit. Processing time is shorter when you do this online.

Mode of Application Processing Time Application Outcome


Note: You may access this online service from 8am to 10pm (Monday - Saturday), excluding public holidays. (SingPass is required)

2 working days Available online
pdfManual 7 working days Will be mailed to you

* If your organisation has registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority for less than six months and does not have a Central Provident Fund (CPF) account, please approach CPF Board to open an account. Your organisation should contribute CPF for the local employees for at least one month at the point of business activity declaration.

Documents Required

These documents and information are required for S Pass applications:

  1. S Pass application form
    Download pdfS Pass Application Form

    1. The applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the applicant's employer.
    2. The form must be endorsed with the company's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.
  2. Applicant's educational documents

    Additional document(s) are required for:
    1. Diploma/degree qualifications from India
      Transcripts and marksheets
    2. Diploma/degree qualifications from China
      -  Certificate of Graduation

      -  Verification proof of education certificates from any one of the following independent verification channels:
  3. Company’s latest business profile/instant information registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
    1. Companies, businesses or professional practices not registered must produce registration papers from their respective professional bodies.
  4. Photograph of the applicant (passport-sized and taken within last three months)
  5. Personal particulars page of applicant’s passport/travel document
  6. CPF contribution statements for the three most recent months.
    1. Companies applying for a new S Pass applicant must have an account with the Central Provident Fund Board for computation of company’s quota.
Important information:

  • Additional documents and information must be furnished when requested.
  • Applicants who hold non-English documents or certificates are required to submit a copy of the original papers and the official English translation done by translation service providers, High Commission/Embassy or notary public.

    Note: English translation is not required for verification proof of education certificates obtained from China.

Other Documents Required for Selected Professions

These additional documents are required for selected professions:

Applicant Document(s) required
Regional representatives A copy of the approval letter from International Enterprise Singapore for setting up of the Representative Office

A letter from the Representative's Office Headquarters stating:
  1. The purpose of the application
  2. The duration of the applicant's assignment
  3. An undertaking for the maintenance and repatriation of the applicant.
Applicants from these professions:
  • Legal
  • Medical
  • Nursing
  • Sports
A copy of the relevant supporting document(s) with the respective vetting agency/professional body/accreditation agency as follows:
  1. Doctor - Singapore Medical Council
  2. Dentist - Singapore Dental Council
  3. Pharmacist - Singapore Pharmacy Council
  4. Nurse - Singapore Nursing Board
  5. TCM Practitioner - TCM Practitioners Board
  6. Lawyer - Attorney-General's Chambers
  7. Football Player/Coach - Sport Singapore

For allied health professionals, see the requirements specified by the Allied Health Professions Council.

See the pdflist of occupations that require supporting document(s) from the respective vetting agency, professional body or accreditation agency.
Applicants from food establishments

A copy of the establishment's National Environment Agency licence issued in the name of the body-corporate, sole proprietor or partner and it shows the address of premises where applicant's duties are to be performed. We do not accept NEA licences issued in the name of an individual for Pte Ltd and Limited Liability Partnership (e.g. a Director).

Note: *Food-stall Licensees are not allowed to employ foreigners on S Passes. Unlike restaurant operators, food-stall licensees normally operate small stalls in hawker centres, coffee shops or food courts. These are small and can be operated by the licensees alone or with family assistance.

Shipbuilding and ship-repairing companies If submitting as an authorised third-party, an original letter from the main shipyard indicating its support on the number of S Pass applications is required.
Last updated on 15 August 2014 05:01:57