regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

S Pass - Getting the Card

The following steps describe what needs to be done before getting the S Pass card:

Request for pass issuance using EP Online

The company representative or appointed employment agent will need to request for the pass issuance using EP Online, and the applicant must be in Singapore at the time this request is made.

What you need to have on hand when carrying out online issuance of S Pass?

  1. Applicant's passport or travel document 1
  2. Medical insurance details
  3. Work Injury Compensation insurance details
  4. Details of the applicant’s Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass that he or she is currently holding to remain in Singapore
  5. Applicant's residential address in Singapore
  6. Contact details of an authorised recipient(s) for us to send an SMS alert and a delivery address, for the purpose of card delivery
  7. Clear, scanned copies of the following documents in PDF file format:
    • Personal particulars page of the foreigner’s current passport or travel document, including amendment page(s) (if any)
    • Disembarkation / Embarkation card (immigration white card)
    • Completed medical examination form 2
    • Completed declaration form attached with the foreigner's In-Principle Approval letter
  • You may be asked to upload more or fewer documents during online issuance depending on what you have entered.
  • Online submission of documents is only available where fingerprint and face-imaging registration are not required.

(1) The travel document must have a validity of at least seven months. If the travel document validity is less than or equal to the period we have granted for the S Pass, the pass will only be issued up to one month before the expiry date of the travel document.

(2) If the foreigner needs an extension of his or her Short Term Visit Pass pending the outcome of the medical examination, submit your request to the Work Pass Division via fax: 6317 1359. A copy of the doctor's confirmation indicating that the medical report is not ready has to be faxed over.

Step-by-Step Guide to Issue Pass using EP Online pdfDownload
Step-by-Step Guide to Update Work Injury Compensation Insurance Details using EP Online pdfDownload
Request for the Pass Issuance using EP Online Log in

You need to pay the following fees using GIRO (for existing GIRO user), eNETS Credit or Debit.

  • S Pass – $80 per issue

Print the Notification Letter

When the request to issue the S Pass has been approved, print out the Notification Letter online. This letter tells you if your S Pass holder needs to register at the MOM Services Centre – Hall C. It also allows him or her to work, stay, and travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for the S Pass card. So please make sure the letter is handed over to him or her.

Registration of finger-prints and photo-image (if needed)

(This is for first-time applicants, and those who had their fingerprints and photo taken by MOM more than five years ago.)

You need to make an appointment* for the applicant to go to the MOM Services Centre – Hall C for registration within seven calendar days after the S Pass has been issued. At the registration, we will take the applicant's fingerprints and photograph. He or she will also need to bring the following documents:

  • Original passport
  • Appointment letter
  • Notification letter
  • All the documents listed in the notification letter

Download the pdfStep-by-Step Guide for Appointment Services at MOM Services Centre – Hall C.

For those who are not required to register at the MOM Services Centre, we will deliver the card to the authorised recipient after successful verification of your documents.


* Card registration services at MOM Services Centre – Hall C are strictly by appointment only.

  • Make sure that the foreigner arrives on time for his or her appointment at the services centre. If the foreigner is late, he or she may not be served.
  • If the foreigner fails to turn up, the foreigner’s pass may be cancelled.
  • There are limited parking lots at the services centre. Public transportation is strongly advised. Click PDFhere for details on public transportation to the services centre.

Delivery of the S Pass card

The new S Pass card will be delivered four working days after the applicant has registered at the services centre. Applicants who are not required to register will also have their card delivered four working days after their documents have been verified.

An SMS will be sent to the authorised recipient(s) at least one working day before the delivery.

You can check your card delivery details using EP Online by clicking on ‘Enquire – Card Delivery/Collection Status’ function on the left hand menu.

You can also download the PDFStep-by-Step Guide to Issue Pass using EP Online or refer to the FAQs for more information.

If the applicant was already holding a pass for working / long-term stay in Singapore, he or she must return the old card to the issuing authority.

  1. Those holding a Work Pass / Long-Term Pass Card issued by MOM should mail it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
  2. Those holding a Long Term Pass (such as Dependant’s Pass, Student Pass and Long Term Visit Pass) and Special Pass issued by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) should return the card to ICA instead.

    Please note that there is no need to return the Disembarkation / Embarkation card (IMM27) to ICA.

What happens if card delivery is unsuccessful?

There will be two card delivery attempts. If the 2nd delivery fails, you must collect the card at the MOM Services Centre – Hall C, Service Desk three working days after the second delivery date. You do not need to make an appointment for card collection but you do need to bring along the following documents:

  • Original passport of the applicant
  • Notification letter
  • An authorisation letter if a representative or employment agent is collecting the card on behalf of the foreigner. Or, download the PDFAuthorisation Form for Card Collection.

    The representative or employment agent must bring along proper identification that bears his or her name, NRIC / passport number and photo-image for verification.
Last updated on 07 November 2014 10:53:22