The lorry crane stability control system grant (SCSG) of $4 million supports local business entities in their adoption of SCS to improve the safety of lifting operations. The grant will be available until 31 March 2025 for owners of lorry cranes.
What is stability control system (SCS)
A stability control system (SCS) is a component that can be installed onto a lorry crane to monitor its operating parameters and restrict crane movements when a potential unstable condition is detected.
It mitigates risks brought about by the partial deployment of a lorry crane’s stabilisers, such as at workplaces with space constraints.
Lorry crane owners can use the lorry crane stability control system grant (SCSG) to purchase SCS that monitors the position of the lorry crane’s stabilisers and automatically adjusts the rated capacity limiter. This ensures the lorry crane only lift loads that are within its stability limits and do not overturn.
Lorry crane SCS grant (SCSG)
Lorry crane owners can claim up to 70% of the qualifying costs on a reimbursement basis. The grant is capped at $7,000 per lorry crane and $20,000 per business entity.
Qualifying costs include the purchase and installation of SCS hardware and software.
To be eligible for the funding support, the business entity must meet all of the following conditions:
- Business entity is registered and operating in Singapore.
Purchase and install SCS on new or existing lorry cranes that fulfil all of the following conditions:
- Lorry cranes under Lifting Equipment classification codes 631, 632, 633, 638 or 639
- Lorry cranes aged 17 years or less from year of manufacture to calendar year of application
- Acceptable SCS from the crane manufacturer or authorised agents based on the brand of lorry crane
- SCS must be purchased only after grant approval.
- Purchased solutions must be used in Singapore.
How to apply
Apply via the Business Grants Portal. You need to log in with your Corppass.
Prepare these documents:
- Project proposal
- Quotation from authorised agent
- Product specifications and operation manual
- Latest certificate of test and examination for existing crane
- Vehicle registration details
Upon accepting the Letter of Offer (LOF), lorry crane owners can proceed to purchase and install the SCS.
Submit your claim through the Business Grants Portal.
Prepare these documents:
- Payment receipt or tax invoice with cost breakdown
- Certificate of test and examination (inclusive of SCS brand and model indicated in the comments or observations section)
- Other supporting documents if applicable.
Ensure you are registered on Vendors@Gov. Your grant will be issued to the business entity’s bank account through Vendors@Gov within 30 days after it is approved.