To be a designated workplace doctor, you must be a medical practitioner holding full registration with the Singapore Medical Council. You must also hold the relevant postgraduate occupational health qualifications.
At a glance
You need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Be a doctor holding full registration with the Singapore Medical Council.
How to apply
To apply, follow these steps:
- Log in to apply.
- Upload all supporting documents.
- (Optional) Log in to check your application status.
You will receive the outcome by post. If your application is successful, you will also receive the registration card.
You will need to submit PDF copies of the following documents:
- Basic medical qualification that complies with the requirements of the Medical Registration Act (Cap 174), e.g. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS).
- Valid Medical Registration Certificate (full registration) issued by the Singapore Medical Council.
- Valid Practising Certificate (full registration) issued by the Singapore Medical Council.
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Medicine (GDOM).
- (For compressed air environment hazard only) Hyperbaric or underwater medicine qualification, e.g. Naval and Undersea Medical Officer Course (NUMOC) or Singapore Hyperbaric and Underwater Medicine Course (SHUMeC).
Recent qualifications are those obtained within the last 3 years before you apply. Qualifications obtained more than 3 years ago will not be accepted.