Welcome Remarks at Work-Life Excellence Award 2014 Gala Dinner
Mr Hawazi Daipi, Chairman of Tripartite Committee on Work-Life Strategy, Marina Mandarin Singapore
My Parliamentary colleague, Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, Minister for Manpower,
Members of the Tripartite Committee on Work-Life Strategy,
Ladies and gentlemen,
- Welcome to the Work-Life Excellence Award 2014 gala dinner.
- Tonight, we celebrate and recognise the efforts by organisations and individuals in helping their employees and co-workers achieve greater work-life harmony.
Tripartite Committee on Work-Life Strategy’s Focus Areas
- Since its inception in 2000, the Tripartite Committee on Work-Life Strategy, or TriCom, has come a long way. In recent years, TriCom has promoted flexible work arrangements as a proven business strategy for optimising business performance while providing more options for employees to manage their own work-life fit. This has yielded results and we have seen a growing proportion of employers offering flexible work arrangements.
- However, more can still be done. Going forward, the TriCom will focus on three key areas to raise the adoption of flexible work arrangements – raising awareness, building organisations’ capabilities for implementing flexible work arrangements and developing an ecosystem to support organisations in the work-life journey.
New Award Categories
- The TriCom completed a review on the Work-Life Excellence Award late last year, and I am happy to announce that we have introduced two new award categories; namely, Work-Life Sustained Excellence Award, and the Work-Life Star Award.
- The Work-Life Sustained Excellence Award recognises organisations which have shown perseverance in their pursuit of work-life excellence and have achieved the excellence standard over three consecutive award periods. The Work-Life Star Award is an individual award that recognises middle management and supervisors who have played a pivotal role in establishing a trusting and work-life friendly workplace. I am pleased to announce that we have four winners for the Work-Life Sustained Excellence Award, and one winner for the Work-Life Star Award.
Appreciation for Award Winners and Shortlisted Participants
- This year, we have received many good applications from companies which have implemented innovative work-life solutions. Compared to previous years, the quality of the applications has gone up. The proportion of first-time winners among the award recipients has also risen. This shows that more organisations are devoting stronger efforts to implement work-life strategies to create great workplaces.
- On behalf of the TriCom, I would like to extend my warmest congratulations to all the award winners. Your employees have benefited from your support for their family needs and you must have gained from their loyalty and engagement. On top of that, your efforts in championing work-life harmony will serve as excellent examples to others.
- I look forward to your active participation in the promotion of work-life harmony in Singapore.
- I wish you an enjoyable evening. Thank you.