23 May 2013
- The Manpower Research and Statistics Department of the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is conducting the Comprehensive Labour Force Survey from 23 May to 31 July 2013 on a sample of 33,000 households. The purpose of the annual survey is to collect data on employment, unemployment and other economic characteristics of the population to help in the planning and formulation of manpower-related policies and programmes.
- The Ministry will notify households selected for the survey by post. Households with internet access are encouraged to participate in the survey via the Manpower Survey Online System (MSOL), which provides a fast, safe and convenient mode for households to submit their information online.
- Households who prefer not to participate via MSOL can provide their contact details to MOM for telephone interviews through the Survey Hotline at 6317 1009 from 8.30am to 5.30pm (Monday to Friday). If we are unable to reach the households by telephone, our interviewers will conduct personal visits. All our interviewers will display the Identification Card issued by MOM. Households can verify their identity by calling the MOM Contact Centre at 6438 5122.
- The Comprehensive Labour Force Survey is conducted under the Statistics Act (Chapter 317) which safeguards the confidentiality of the information. At the same time, the Act requires households selected for the survey to provide MOM with the necessary information.
For More Information
- For more information, please visit the MOM website.