ASEAN Labour Ministers Call on Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong
ASEAN Labour Ministers who are in Singapore to attend the ASEAN Human Resource Summit called on Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong at the Istana this afternoon. The following Ministers were at the call:
- YB Pehin Dato Adanan Yusof, Minister of Home Affairs, Brunei
- His Excellency Aung Kyi, Minister of Labour, Myanmar
- His Excellency Marianito Roque, Secretary of Department of Labor and Employment, Philippines
- His Excellency Huy Han Song, Secretary of State, Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training, Cambodia
- His Excellency Dam Huu Dac, Deputy Minister of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs, Vietnam
Her Excellency Dr Soeung Rathchavy Deputy Secretary-General ASEAN was also present.
2. Senior Minister Goh and the Ministers discussed issues relating to the development of human resource practices in ASEAN countries. They also spoke on the need to upgrade the workforce and prepare the workers for an increasingly challenging global economic environment.
3. The inaugural ASEAN HR Summit, organised by the Ministry of Manpower, focuses on progressive human resource practices in the ASEAN region. Over 400 representatives from the Government, unions and employers attended the event. The Ministers will remain in Singapore and attend the opening ceremony of the Singapore Human Capital Summit this afternoon.