Written Answer by Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, Acting Minister for Manpower, to Parliamentary Question on Daily Average of Non-residents in Singapore Over the Past 12 Months
Notice Paper No. 379 of 2013 For The Sitting On 21 Oct 2013
Question No. 632 For Written Answer
MP: Mr Gan Thiam Poh
To ask the Acting Minister for Manpower for the past 12 months, what is the daily average number of non-residents who are in Singapore as (i) social visit pass holders visiting their relatives; (ii) dependants of Singapore citizens/PRs/work pass holders; (iii) student pass holders who are studying in Government-funded and private educational institutions respectively; (iv) work permit holders excluding foreign domestic workers; (v) foreign domestic workers; (vi) S-pass holders; (vii) employment pass holders; (viii) entrepass holders; and (ix) tourists for business and leisure purposes.
- As the statistics requested fluctuate on a daily basis, we have provided the statistics as at end June 2013. Our non-resident population was 1.55 million, and the breakdown is below:
Breakdown of Non-Resident Population, as at end June 20131
a The breakdown of Student Pass (STP) holders in government-funded and private institutions respectively is not available. The figure includes STP holders sponsored by Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents.
|Employment Pass Holders
|S Pass Holders
|Work Permit Holders (excluding Foreign Domestic Workers)
|Foreign Domestic Workers
|Foreign Students a
|Dependants of Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Work Pass Holders b
b Holders of Dependant Passes and Long Term Visit Passes
- These figures refer to the stock of non-residents as at end June 2013. It differs slightly from MOM’s employment figures which refer to foreign workers employed at any time in the month in June.
- Figures may not sum due to rounding.
- There were about 1,000 Entrepass holders in June 2013.
- In the month of June 2013, there were 1,261,0002 international visitor arrivals.3
1 Source: Singapore Department of Statistics and Ministry of Manpower
2 Source: Singapore Tourism Board.
3 We do not have the breakdown of international visitor arrivals by purpose of visit.