Skip to main content

My future spouse used to be a Work Permit holder, but no longer works in Singapore. Do we still need approval to get married?

Yes. If their last-held pass was a Work Permit, they must still get approval from MOM to marry a Singapore citizen or permanent resident.

You may only register your marriage in or outside of Singapore after your spouse-to-be has obtained approval.