In view of the COVID-19 situation, there is no need to visit MOM Services Centre for advisory and transaction services. If you have made an appointment with us, we will contact you instead. Our eServices, web chat and hotline remain available. We encourage customers to visit our website for the latest update.
Skip to main content

Why do I have to pay for my FDW's trip home, even when she was the one who resigned?

Employers are responsible for the cost of sending their FDWs home. This responsibility forms part of the conditions for granting a work permit, and is made known to employers at the point of work permit application. This is to prevent a situation where the FDW, upon termination of her employment, is left stranded here with no other means to return home.