Skip to main content

Who should pay for an FDW's air ticket if she goes on overseas leave?

Employers and foreign domestic workers (FDWs) are encouraged to discuss and agree on the terms and conditions of employment at the start of the employment relationship. This includes overseas leave arrangements, such as who pays for travel expenses.

If it is not stated in the employment contract, you can come to a mutual agreement with your FDW on who should pay. To minimise disputes, this agreement should be in writing.