Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out the latest update on work pass services.
Skip to main content

How is the medical insurance for an FDW different from the other employer-paid insurance requirements?

The medical insurance requirement provides cover for a foreign domestic worker (FDW)'s medical expenses, including hospital bills arising from treatment for causes that may not be work-related.

It serves a different purpose from the other employer-paid insurance requirements, such as:

  • Work injury compensation insurance. This covers compensation, including medical expenses, for work-related injuries only. It also applies to both local and foreign workers.
  • Personal accident insurance for FDWs. This insures against accidental death and permanent disablement, not medical expenses.