Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Can I hire an FDW from another employer on a part-time basis to do household work?


It is an offence for a foreign domestic worker (FDW) to engage in part-time employment, with or without her employer’s consent.

Under the Work Permit conditions, an FDW is employed to perform domestic chores only for her employer at the residential address stated in her Work Permit card.