Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Can any single person employ an FDW?

If you are a single person, we will assess your eligibility and need to employ a foreign domestic worker (FDW).

To apply, you:

  • Must be 21 years old and above.
  • Cannot be an undischarged bankrupt when making the application.
  • Must be earning a steady source of income, because employing a FDW comes with various costs, including the FDW’s salary, levy, medical insurance and food.

Find out more about the process to employ an FDW.