Skip to main content

Can an Employment Pass or S Pass holder employ an MDW?

Yes. If you hold an Employment Pass or S Pass, you can apply for a Work Permit for a migrant domestic worker (MDW).

For your application, you will need to provide copies of the following:

  • Your passport.
  • Your work pass or your spouse's Long-Term Pass.
  • Your child's birth certificate or student pass (for Long-Term Visit Pass holders).
  • You and your spouse's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the current or previous assessment year (if any). Alternatively, you can give your consent to the Controller of Work Passes to verify your income with the Comptroller of Income Tax.

Note: If you or your spouse are unable to produce the required Income Tax Notice of Assessment, you must give the reasons in writing and an employment letter from your company (on the company's letterhead) stating the employment start date and the monthly salary.

If you are unable to produce any of the supporting documents, you can provide the following alternatives:

  • Reasons in writing.
  • Other documentary proof of income, overseas Income Tax of Assessment or fixed deposit statement with a local bank.