Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Can a family living in a 2-room HDB flat employ an FDW?

As an employer, you will be responsible for the health and well-being of your foreign domestic worker. This includes ensuring that she has adequate privacy and sleeping space in the home where she is staying.

If you live in a 2-room HDB flat, you may have a space constraint with only 1 bedroom. We will consider your eligibility and need to employ an FDW.

Aside from employing an FDW, you could consider engaging a domestic cleaning service for household chores, and tapping on your extended family, or childcare and eldercare facilities for help with care-giving needs.