Who are exempted from re-employment?
There are several types of employees who are exempted from re-employment. They include:
- Public officers in:
- Police Service
- Prisons Service
- Narcotics Service
- Civil Defence Service
- Corrupt Practices Investigation (Junior) Service
- Corrupt Practices Investigation (Senior) Service
- Persons enlisted for regular service in the Singapore Armed Forces.
- Auxiliary police officers.
- Public officers and statutory board employees eligible for benefits under the Pensions Act.
- Cabin crew on board commercial aircrafts.
- Employees working 20 hours per week or less.
- Employees on fixed term contracts for specific projects, where the expectation is that employment will cease when the project ends.
- Employees who were first employed after age 55, and have served the company for less than 2 years.