As an employer, you should give your employees a paid public holiday on Polling Day, just like any other public holiday.
If your employees need to work on a public holiday:
- They’re entitled to an extra day’s salary for the day’s work.
- They should be given another day off.
You can also grant time-off-in-lieu for the following group of employees:
- Workmen earning more than $4,500 a month
- Non-workmen earning more than $2,600 a month
- All managers and executives
The time-off-in-lieu should be based on a mutually agreed number of hours for working on a public holiday.