Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

If I suspect that I have asbestos materials in my house or workplace, what should I do?

Singapore has banned the use of asbestos in building materials in the late 1980s.

If you are in a building built after 1 January 1991, it is unlikely it will contain asbestos-containing materials (ACM).

If you wish to be sure, you can engage an Asbestos surveyor to confirm the presence of ACM.

If ACM is present and you would like to remove the ACM, you must engage MOM’s Approved Asbestos-Removal Contractors (AARC) to do so.