Our services centres are open for customers with appointments. Please use our online services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) or make an appointment if you’re unable to use our digital services. Find out what are the current work pass requirements.
Skip to main content

Do I need to obtain approval from MOM before setting up a work process which involves use of combustible dust?

As an occupier, you do not need to get approval to set up the work process but you must to comply with the requirements under the WSH (General Provisions) Regulations.

Section 26 of the WSH (General Provisions) Regulations states that for process which gives rise to dust, gas, vapour or substance that may escape into any place of work.

The dust, gas, vapour or substance that may escape is liable to explode on ignition (in this case combustible dust), measures need to be in place to prevent such explosion.