Most customers use our digital services (e.g. eServices, web chat, website) to find out about the latest work pass requirements. If you’re unable to do so, you can make an appointment to visit our services centres.
Skip to main content

Can I make a complaint to MOM if I am a Singaporean who applied for a job, but the company hired an EP or S Pass holder instead?

You can contact the company to find out more about why your application was not successful. Employers may have valid reasons for choosing one candidate over another, such as the person’s qualifications, experience, interpersonal skills, and other job-related qualities.

What is important is that the hiring process is fair and that applicants are considered fairly based on merit.

You should lodge a complaint only if you have reason to believe that the employer has not been fair in its hiring process. You can report them to TAFEP.