Skip to main content

Do I still need to advertise a job if I am bringing in a foreigner on a temporary basis?

You will be required to advertise if:

  • The Employment Pass (EP) candidate does not meet the definition of an intra-corporate transferee (ICT) under the WTO GATS or a relevant free trade agreement.
  • The job does not meet the requirement of a short-term contingency (i.e. the period of employment in Singapore is 1 month or less in duration).

Advertising on the Jobs Bank will also give your company an opportunity to assess if there are qualified Singaporean candidates who are willing to perform such roles, even though they are temporary.

Last Updated: 13 April 2015