Skip to main content

Can my company engage our regular consultant whom we have been working with to assist us in completing the gap analysis and control and implementation plan (CIP), though he is not listed in the list of consultants published by MOM?

You may engage your own consultant to help you complete the gap analysis (Annex A) and control and implementation plan (Annex B1 and B2). However, they must have the relevant qualifications or experience in advising chemical or noise control measures.

The consultant should preferably be a Workplace Safety and Health Officer (WSHO), Registered Industrial Hygienist (RIH) or WSH auditor or equivalent with relevant training and experience. They need to be able to identify gaps in the implementation of management of hazardous chemicals programme (MHCP) or hearing conservation programme (HCP) at the workplace.