When an EA’s licence is suspended, the EA must not:
- Enter into new recruitment or job placement agreements.
- Collect any deposit or fee from any new customers (employers or workers).
- Make any work pass applications.
In addition, the suspended EA must:
- Inform their existing customers about the suspension.
- Refund any existing customer within 7 days for any deposit or fee received in full for services that have not been provided.
- Make arrangements for existing customers to continue receiving their services from another EA and notify the customers accordingly.
- Return the passports or other identification documents to their customers.
An EA that continues to perform prohibited activities while under suspension will be treated as if it is operating without a licence. Offenders can be fined up to $80,000 or jailed up to 2 years, or both. Their licence may also be revoked.