You can access Safe@Dorm if you are a Dormitory Operator.
You need a Corppass to log in. Apply for a Corppass if you don’t have one.
Your Corppass administrator’s duties
Your Corppass administrator or sub-administrator should follow these steps:
- Log in to Corppass.
- Go to the eService Access tab.
- Choose MOM ACE Digital Services Corppass as one of your company’s eServices.
- Assign MOM ACE Digital Services Corppass to your Corppass account.
Refer to section 7 of Safe@Dorm user guide for more details.
If you do not have “MOM ACE Digital Services Corppass” assigned to your Corppass account, you will get an error message showing “Unauthorised access” on Safe@Dorm.
Dormitories that fall under the following licence classes can use Safe@Dorm to manage their Nominal Roll.
- Class 1 (7 to 99 beds)
- Class 2 (100 to 299 beds)
- Class 3 (300 to 999 beds)
- Class 4 (above 999 beds) – Only to download AccessCode and to generate Rooms QR Code.
Class 4 (1,000 beds or more) dormitories should use Tenant Management Systems (TMS) to manage their Nominal Roll.
For Class 1 to Class 3 dormitories using your TMS, you do not need to use Safe@Dorm eService if you have successfully linked your TMS system with MOM.
Before using TMS, you are required to check-out all the residents’ FIN from Safe@Dorm eService system.
If you do not see your dormitory address in the dropdown list on Safe@Dorm, please write to us
with the following details:
- Company's UEN
- Dorm ID
- Full dormitory address (with postal code if applicable)
- Dormitory Type
- Purpose-Built Dormitory (PBD)
- Factory-Converted Dormitory (FCD)
- Construction Temporary Quarter (CTQ) - i.e. MK Lot No.
- Temporary Occupation Licence Quarter (TOLQ) - i.e. MK Lot No.
- Dormitory Licence Class
- Class 1
- Class 2
- Class 3
- Class 4
No. With effect from 13 February 2023, there are no requirement to scan QR code in dormitory rooms as part of COVID-19 step down measures.
To ensure accuracy of the Nominal Roll, residents who have left the dormitory must be check-out from Safe@Dorm to avoid appearing in your list.
These are the supported browsers.
We recommend Microsoft Edge for best user experience.
Refer to the user guide for more details.
For general enquiries, approach your FAST officers or contact MOM at: