Skip to main content

FAQs for vaccination requirements to apply for or renew MOM passes

Pass holders (work pass holders, dependants and helpers) must fulfil the COVID-19 vaccination requirements to apply for or renew passes.

Are the vaccination requirements mandatory for all MOM’s passes?Show

Please refer to the table below.

Types of pass holders Must be 
  • Work Permit and S Pass holders employed in construction, marine shipyard or process sectors
  • Work Permit and S Pass holders staying in dormitories
Fully vaccinated to:
  • Get new passes issued
  • Renew passes
All other pass holders Fully vaccinated to apply for new passes.

For work pass renewals, why is vaccination required only for Work Permit and S Pass holders in the Construction, Marine shipyard and Process (CMP) sectors or residing in dormitories?Show

Vaccination will continue to be a requirement for the renewal of existing work passes for these two groups as their worksites and dormitories are settings with a higher risk of disease transmission.

When does the employer or applicant upload their vaccination records?Show

There is no need to upload the applicant’s vaccination certificate in MOM’s work pass systems.

At the point of pass application, employers will be required to make a declaration that their work pass holders and dependants are fully vaccinated. Employers must ensure that their pass holders get their vaccination record updated in the National Immunization Registry to get their passes issued or renewed.

My pass holder is fully vaccinated, but not with a vaccine on the WHO EUL list. Can I submit a work pass application for them?Show

Yes. However, the pass holder is required to comply with the vaccination requirements (i.e. fully vaccinated with a vaccine on the WHO EUL list) in order to get their passes issued.

What age groups are exempted from vaccination requirement?Show

Pass holders under 13 (based on birth date) can hold MOM passes without meeting the vaccination requirements.

My pass holders took their full vaccination overseas. How soon do they need to verify their vaccination records?Show

Foreigners who have taken their vaccination overseas should visit a local clinic to verify their vaccination records upon arrival.  They need to have their full vaccination records updated in the NIR to get their passes issued.

My pass holder only has 2 doses of a WHO EUL vaccine when they entered Singapore. Do they need to take a booster dose in Singapore?Show

Pass holders must take their booster doses within 270 days from their last primary vaccination dose to maintain their fully vaccinated status in Singapore. They may receive their booster dose at any of the COVID-19 vaccination locations. They can use the vaccination and booster calculator to check if they have completed their primary series vaccination and whether a booster dose is required.

Please refer to the FAQs on the MOM website for more details.

My pass holder is medically exempted from COVID-19 vaccination by doctors in their home country. Is that recognised and accepted by MOM? If so, what document is required for MOM to exempt them from the vaccination?Show

Your pass holder can be exempted if they are medically ineligible for COVID-19 vaccination. They need to undergo a medical review with a Singapore-registered doctor upon arrival. If the Singapore-registered doctor does not exempt them, they must undergo the full vaccination regime within 30 days. The vaccination status will then be reflected in their HealthHub app or TraceTogether app.

Will all overseas COVID-19 vaccination records be accepted into the National Immunisation Registry (NIR)?Show

Records of WHO EUL COVID-19 vaccines will be updated into the NIR upon a positive serology test result or verification of digitally-verifiable vaccination certificates.

Verification of overseas vaccination is to be done at a local clinic. You can also refer to the list of clinics that may provide such services. Please call beforehand to check that the clinics offer these services.

My pass holder has travelled and completed vaccination overseas. If there are no plans to return to Singapore anytime soon, can I proceed to renew the pass?Show

Work Permit and S Pass holders employed in the CMP sectors or staying in dormitories must be fully vaccinated to renew their passes. 

They should return to Singapore at least 1 month before their passes expire to verify their vaccination status with a local clinic. They can then get their passes renewed in Singapore. 

Otherwise, please cancel their passes and re-apply for them when they are ready to work in Singapore.

What happens if the serology test result is positive or negative? What is the next step?Show

If the test result is:

  • Positive, the pass holder's vaccination record will be updated in the NIR by the clinic. Their vaccination status will be shown on HealthHub or TraceTogether app within 24 hours after the clinic has updated NIR of the overseas vaccination records. If not, please inform the clinic to check. 
    Booster dose must be taken after pass holders are eligible (i.e. within 270 days from their last primary vaccination dose) to maintain their fully vaccinated status.
  • Negative, this means that the pass holder's overseas vaccination was not effective and they may not be protected from COVID-19 infection. They need to complete the full vaccination regimen in Singapore within 30 days or their passes may be revoked.

My pass holders have recovered from COVID-19. Do they need the booster dose to be considered fully vaccinated?Show

Recovered pass holders are considered to have completed their primary vaccination series if they meet any of the following:

  • Completed the primary vaccination before being infected with COVID-19
  • Received a valid dose of an mRNA or Nuvaxovid vaccine or, two valid doses of a Sinovac/Sinopharm after being infected with COVID-19.

They will need to take the booster dose within 270 days of their last primary vaccination dose to maintain their fully vaccinated status.

Please refer to the FAQs on the MOH website for more information.

Do my pass holders need a booster dose if I have completed the Sinovac-CoronaVac three-dose vaccination series? What booster should I take?Show

If the pass holders have received two or more doses of the Sinovac-CoronaVac vaccine as part of a three-dose primary vaccination series, they should receive a booster dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech / Comirnaty or Moderna/Spikevax or Nuvaxovid vaccine. 

These recommendations for Sinovac-CoronaVac also similarly apply to Sinopharm.

Please refer to the FAQs on the MOH website for more information.

When and how can I register for my booster dose?Show

Individuals who are eligible for their booster dose will be invited to be vaccinated, from five months after their second dose. All individuals, who are eligible for COVID-19 vaccination may receive their vaccination and booster dose at any of the COVID-19 vaccination locations.

Please refer to the FAQs on the MOH website for more information.

Do pass holders need to take a second booster to retain their vaccination status?Show

Please refer to the FAQs on the MOH website for more information.