Skip to main content

How to bring in pass holders and current pass requirements

Find out how to bring pass holders (helpers, work pass holders and their dependants) into Singapore and what are the current pass requirements.

Updated as of 1 October 2022

All pass holders entering Singapore no longer need entry approvals.

Vaccination requirements to apply for and renew passes

Please refer to the table below on the vaccination requirements.

Types of pass holders

Must be

  • Work Permit and S Pass holders employed in construction, marine shipyard or process sectors
  • Work Permit and S Pass holders staying in dormitories

Fully vaccinated to:

  • Get new passes issued
  • Renew passes

All other pass holders

Fully vaccinated to get new passes issued.

Card registration

Pass holders can make an appointment with our Employment Pass Services Centre or Hall C of MOM Services Centre for card registration.

If they need more time for card registration, you can request to extend their notification letter expiry dates and card registration due dates using the relevant link below for:

In the meantime, they can remain in Singapore if their notification letters or card replacement letters are valid.

Card delivery services 

For pass holders who are:

  • Required to visit our services centres for card registration, we will deliver their cards within 5 working days after they have completed the card registration and their documents have been verified.
  • Not required to visit our services centres, we will deliver the cards within 5 working days after their documents have been verified. 

An SMS will be sent to authorised recipients at least 1 working day before the delivery.

Medical examinations for pass holders

For issuance and renewal of passes, the IPA letter or Work Permit renewal notice will indicate whether pass holders are required to do a medical examination. 

If required, please make an appointment with clinics before sending the pass holders there. This is to avoid a long wait and ensure their safety. 

Workers who need trade certification (e.g. CSOC or MSOC) to get their Work Permits issued or renewed

Workers must complete their training within 2 weeks from arrival in Singapore. This must be done before you can get their Work Permits issued or renewed. 

Settling-in Programme (SIP) for workers and helpers

SIP for Details

Workers on Work Permit in these sectors: 

  • Construction
  • Manufacturing
  • Marine shipyard
  • Process 

Workers must attend the SIP within 2 weeks from arrival in Singapore.  

First-time helpers 
They must attend the SIP within 3 days of arrival in Singapore, excluding Sunday and public holidays.

Cancellation of passes and extension of stay

If you have cancelled the pass and need more time to send your pass holders home (e.g. waiting for an embassy-facilitated flight), you can request to extend their stay in Singapore.

Please submit this request within 1 week before the pass holder's Special Pass/Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) expires using the relevant link below (e.g. if the Special Pass/STVP expires on 10 February, please only submit the request from 3 February):