Find out how to bring your pass holders into Singapore during the COVID-19 period.
All pass holders (work pass holders and dependants) must obtain entry approvals from the relevant government agencies to enter Singapore.
However, those conveying essential services or supplies (e.g. lorry drivers or vegetable supply truckers) coming from Malaysia by land or sea crossing are exempted from the entry approval requirements.
Schemes to bring pass holders into Singapore
Work pass holders who meet all of these conditions:
- Have an issued work pass, i.e. not on in-principle approval (IPA)
- Are Malaysians or Malaysia PRs
- Entering Singapore by land
- Staying in Singapore for at least 90 days for work
|Employing companies can apply for the PCA scheme.
|Construction, Marine shipyard or Process sector workers who meet all of these conditions:
- Hold Work Permit, Training Work Permit or S Pass, or IPA for any of these 3 passes
- Not entering Singapore with their dependants
|Employing companies can request for MOM’s entry approval.
|All other work pass holders, including those on Letter of Consent (LOC)*, and their dependants
Employing companies can apply for entry using the SafeTravel portal under the Work Pass Holder General Lane.
For more details on the application procedures, refer to Safe Travel Office’s website.
* Foreigners with Long-Term Visit Passes granted by ICA must apply for entry under the Familial Ties Lane, even if their LOCs were granted by MOM.
To request for MOM's entry approval
- MOM's entry approval is only for Construction, Marine shipyard or Process sector workers who meet all of these conditions:
- Hold Work Permit, Training Work Permit or S Pass, or in-principle approval (IPA) for any of these 3 passes
- Not entering Singapore with their dependants.
- New applications for MOM's entry approval for workers from higher-risk countries/regions (i.e. all countries/regions, except Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macao, Mainland China and New Zealand) will not be approved.
Affected workers will have their IPA validities extended. MOM will share more details on this later on. In the meantime, for IPAs that are expiring soon, you can request for an extension.
To proceed, please complete these steps:
- Ensure your company and the workers can fulfil the entry approval requirements. These include paying for their COVID-19 tests and stay at the dedicated SHN facilities, if applicable.
- Use our entry approval calculator to plan when to request for MOM’s entry approval.
- Ensure there are available flights / transport and the workers can travel to Singapore on their planned arrival date before requesting for MOM’s entry approval.
If the request is approved, you must pay for the entry approval related charges in full, even if the workers do not enter Singapore as planned.
- Request for MOM’s entry approval. You will receive the outcome by email on the next working day.
- Wait for MOM’s approval. If the request is approved, please complete these steps:
- Confirm the flight / transport immediately and arrange for the workers to enter Singapore.
- Buy a COVID-19 medical insurance for the workers before they arrive in Singapore. The insurance must have a coverage of at least $10,000 for medical expenses if the workers develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
Please check with your insurer whether your workers’ existing medical insurance plans meet the required coverage. If not, you can consider these insurers.
IPA holders must complete their SHN before you can get their passes issued.
|For IPA holders of
||If their Short-Term Visit Passes (STVPs) are expiring
|EP, S Pass, DP or LTVP
Within 1 week. Please request for time to do the issuance while the pass holders serve SHN.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please submit this request from 3 February.
|The validities of their STVPs and IPAs will be automatically extended by 2 weeks. Please note that no letters will be issued for this extension.
More info: Entry approval requirements to bring pass holders into Singapore