Actions for companies to bring pass holders into Singapore
Find out how to request for MOM's entry approval to bring your pass holders into Singapore during the COVID-19 period.
All pass holders (work pass holders and dependants) must obtain entry approvals from the relevant government agencies to enter Singapore.
However, those conveying essential services or supplies (e.g. lorry drivers or vegetable supply truckers) coming from Malaysia by land or sea crossing are exempted from the entry approval and Stay-Home Notice (SHN) requirements.
Schemes to bring pass holders into Singapore
|Existing work pass holders who are Malaysians or Malaysia PRs entering Singapore by land
||Employers can bring them in under the Periodic Commuting Arrangement (PCA) scheme.
|Pass holders with an approval under the Reciprocal Green Lane (RGL) to enter Singapore
||Don't need MOM's entry approval.
|All other pass holders, including those on in-principle approval (IPA) or Letter of Consent (LOC)
||Employers must request for MOM's entry approval to bring them into Singapore.
To request for MOM's entry approval
You must complete these steps:
- Ensure your company and the pass holders can fulfil the entry approval requirements. This includes paying for their COVID-19 tests and stay at the dedicated SHN facilities, if applicable.
If your work pass holders have dependants who are not employed (i.e. not issued a work pass, including LOC), they must fulfil their responsibilities towards their dependants.
- Use our entry approval calculator to plan when to request for MOM’s entry approval.
|If you submit the entry approval request
|From Monday to Friday, by 12pm
|From Monday to Friday, after 12pm
||Next working day
|On weekends or public holidays
|Next working day
- Ensure there are available flights / transport and the pass holders can travel to Singapore on their planned arrival date before requesting for MOM’s entry approval.
If the request is approved, you must pay for the pass holders’ COVID-19 tests and stay at the dedicated SHN facilities, if applicable, even if they do not enter Singapore as planned.
- Request for MOM’s entry approval.
* Foreigners with LTVPs issued by ICA need to request for ICA’s entry approval, even if they have LOCs issued by MOM.
|For new or existing
||Who needs to submit the entry approval request
|Work pass holders, including those with LOC*
|Dependant's Pass (DP) or Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)* holders who are not employed (i.e. not issued a work pass, including LOC)
|Sponsor (i.e. Employer of Employment Pass (EP) / S Pass holder)
- Wait for MOM’s approval. Once you have obtained our approval, please complete these steps:
- Confirm the flight / transport immediately and arrange for the pass holders to enter Singapore.
- For all (both new and existing) Work Permit, Training Work Permit and S Pass holders, you must buy a COVID-19 medical insurance for them before they arrive in Singapore. The insurance must have a coverage of at least $10,000 for medical expenses if the workers develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
Please check with your insurer whether your workers’ existing medical insurance plans meet the required coverage. If not, you can consider these insurers.
- For all other pass holders (e.g. EP holders or dependants), they are encouraged to buy medical insurance with the appropriate coverage before entering Singapore as they are responsible for their medical expenses if they develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
IPA holders must complete their SHN before
you can get their passes issued. For IPA holders of:
||If their Short-Term Visit Passes (STVPs) are expiring
|EP, S Pass, DP or LTVP
Within 1 week. Please request for time to do the issuance while the pass holders serve SHN.
Example: If the STVP expires on 10 February, please submit this request from 3 February.
|The validities of their STVPs and IPAs will be automatically extended by 2 weeks. Please note that no letters will be issued for this extension.
More info: Entry approval requirements to bring pass holders into Singapore