regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Work Permit - Before you apply

In-Principle Approval

How to apply for In-Principle Approvals for Work Permits

The process for application for In-Principle Approvals (IPAs) is the same as that for Work Permits. Find out how to apply for IPAs.

How to extend an IPA

Requests for construction workers' IPA extensions should be submitted within one week before the IPAs expires. The IPA will be extended once only and for not more than one month.

What to submit

To extend a construction worker's IPA, you may submit a letter of request via:

  • iSubmit web portal. Please select ‘6. Work Permit Application Matters for Business Sectors’ under ‘Request Type’ on the iSubmit portal and attach electronic/scanned copy of your letter of request.
  • By post to

    Construction Permit Section
    Work Pass Division
    Ministry of Manpower
    18 Havelock Road
    Singapore 059764

The letter from the employer should include the following information:

  • The request to extend the IPA;
  • The name and Work Permit number of the worker.

The extended IPA will be posted to the company.

Obtaining a duplicate copy of IPA

If company misplaced or failed to receive the original IPA sent more than one week ago, it may write in to request for a duplicate copy of IPA.

Find out more about the procedure.

Security Bond

A $5,000 Security Bond is required for each worker employed from North Asian Source, Non-Traditional Source or People's Republic of China worker employed.

The bond can be submitted in the form of a Banker's Guarantee or Insurance Guarantee, payable to the Controller of Work Passes.

Last updated on 10 October 2012 05:58:13