regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Employment Pass - Inform MOM

Update of details

Employers or Employment Pass (EP) holders must update us in the circumstances listed below:

Change of employer

To apply for a new Employment Pass whenever the Employment Pass holder changes an employer. There is no need to cancel the existing pass before doing so.

[ back to top ]

Change of business entity

Companies with change of business entity (e.g. Sole Proprietorship to Private Limited Company) may apply to transfer their foreign employees from the old to the new business entity if they meet the below criteria:

Eligibility criteria

  • New business entity must conduct the same business activities as the old business entity
  • The company must pay all outstanding levy charges under the old business entity
  • Old business entity has to terminate its registration with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
  • At least one of the new business entity directors /partners /sole-proprietor must be the same director/partner/sole-proprietor of the old business entity.

Note: Please note that this is not applicable to cases where the Representative Office (RO) is converted to a Private Limited company / Sole Proprietorship / Partnership / Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). For such cases, a new Employment Pass application under the new entity must be submitted.

How to apply

  1. Submit a Declaration of Business Activity for the new business entity (with new CPF submission number), before making a request for change of business entity.
  2. Download the pdfRequest Form for Change of Business Entity.
  3. Submit electronic/scanned copy of the completed form via iSubmit web portal. Please select option 6: Work Permit Application Matters for Business Sectors on the web portal.

Processing time

Your request will be processed within 14 working days.

[ back to top ]

Posting to a subsidiary company

Examples of updates:

  • Restructuring
  • Takeover by another company
  • Merger of companies
  • Transfer between subsidiaries/associates.

To notify MOM Work Pass Division and mail or fax the following documents:

  • A letter from the organisation requesting the transfer and an undertaking to be responsible for the stay, maintenance and repatriation of the Employment Pass holder;
  • Documents to prove the relationship between the two entities, such as:

    • Both the current and new employers' business profile or instant information from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
    • Published organisation chart
    • Audited accounts highlighting the relationship between both entities
    • Merger and/or acquisition reports, press releases etc.

[ back to top ]

Change of company name (Without any change in legal entity/registration number)

To notify MOM Work Pass Division using the pdfRequest Form for Updates of Company Particulars.

[ back to top ]

Change of company address

To update MOM Work Pass Division through:

[ back to top ]

Change of salary

It is an offence to reduce the salaries of Employment Pass holders without first submitting a request to the Controller of Work Passes.

Employers who intend to reduce their salaries can do so using EP Online. For those without an EP Online account, you can submit the request using your company letterhead. The letter must be signed by both the employer and the employee. Submit the letter using iSubmit, select Option 1 under Request Type.

For employers who intend to increase their salaries, simply notify MOM in the same manner, i.e. using your company letterhead.

[ back to top ]

Change of designation

Employers should use the list of standard occupation below to check if the new designation can be found in the list. Then notify MOM Work Pass Division using your company letterhead. This letter should state the new designation and duties and signed by both the employer and the employee. Submit it using iSubmit, select Option 1 under Request Type.

If the request for change of designation is successful, an approval letter will be mailed to the company. The Employment Pass holders are required to carry the approval letter until the new Employment Pass cards are issued upon renewal.

[ back to top ]

Change of residential address

To update MOM Work Pass Division through EP Online.

The pass holder/company representative is required to log in to EP Online (SingPass is required). Click on "Change Particulars > Personal Contact Details and Residential Address of Pass Holder" on the left function bar to update the residential address. Acknowledgment is immediate. The acknowledgment page must be printed and kept with the Employment Pass card.

If the pass holder is an employer of a Foreign Domestic Worker, the pass holder's new residential address will be updated as the new place of work for the Foreign Domestic Worker.

Note: For more information on SingPass and to check if you are eligible to apply for one, please visit SingPass website.

Under the Employment of Foreign Manpower (Work Passes) Regulations, all work pass holders are required to update their residential addresses with us within 14 days upon any change in their addresses. Those who fail to update their addresses can be penalised under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (EFMA).

[ back to top ]

Change of travel documents (including renewal)

For Employment Pass card holders

For laminated Disembarkation / Embarkation card (Green card) holders

Pass holders will need to replace their Disembarkation / Embarkation card (Green card) with Long Term Pass (LTP) card personally at the Employment Pass Services Centre.

  1. Make an appointment before going to the Services Centre.
    Select “Pass Issuance/Renewal/Cancellation” for Employment Pass holders and dependents.
  2. Bring along the following documents on the appointment day:

    • Disembarkation / Embarkation card (Green card);
    • The old and new travel documents or passports; and
    • The appointment confirmation slip
  3. The new LTP card will be ready for collection four working days after the registration of fingerprints and the photo image.

[ back to top ]

Missing Employment Pass holder

To notify MOM Work Pass Division and proceed with cancellation as soon as possible.

[ back to top ]

Change of marital status

To notify MOM Work Pass Division by submitting the following:

[ back to top ]

Last updated on 28 April 2014 12:00:02