Employment Pass - Before you apply
Acceptable qualifications can include good degrees, professional qualifications or specialist skills. MOM evaluates each application and qualification on its own merit, based on a wide range of criteria including:
- Global and country institution rankings by independent accreditation boards such as the QS World University Rankings, Academic Rankings of World Universities, etc.
- Employment outcome of the institution's graduates.
- The institution's enrollment standards.
- MOM does not have a list of approved institutions. Possessing an acceptable qualification does not automatically guarantee a successful Employment Pass application, as the applicant may need to satisfy other criteria, such as qualifying salary or professional skills.
- Similarly, applicants who do not possess an acceptable qualification may not necessarily be rejected for Employment Pass. MOM will consider, on a case-by-case basis, applicants with proven track records and exceptional skills-set, but who may not have the qualifications required by the enhanced Employment Pass framework.
- To assess if you are eligible for an Employment Pass, please use the Employment Pass/S Pass Self-Assessment Tool.