To hire a foreign confinement nanny, you need to:
- Be 21 years old and above at the time of application.
- Get a Work Permit for your confinement nanny.
- Pay a monthly levy.
- Have a newborn under 4 months old.
The maximum validity of the Work Permit is 16 weeks starting from your child's date of birth. If you apply after your child is born, the validity will be shorter.
Confinement nanny eligibility
Your confinement nanny must:
- Be a Malaysian.
- Be 23 to 70 years old at the time of the application.
- Work at your residence.
You and your confinement nanny are bound by the basic Work Permit conditions
. For example, the nanny cannot work for other employers in an occupation other than that stated in the Work Permit.
You will need to pay monthly levy fees for your confinement nanny. The amount is as follows:
- If the new born child is a Singapore citizen: $60 per month.
- If the new born child is non-Singapore citizen: $265 per month.
Note: If you have another foreign domestic worker registered under your name, you will get a combined monthly levy fee deductible by GIRO.
- A medical examination is optional. You may want to send your confinement nanny for a medical checkup because she will be in contact with your newborn.
- You should buy medical insurance of at least $15,000 to cover your nanny during her employment with you.