- Requires a valid Work Permit.
- Can only work for her employer.
- Can only perform domestic chores.
- Can only work at the residential address stated in the Work Permit.
- Cannot take on any part-time work.
You can place your FDW at another address during daytime only if it is to take care of your young children or elderly parents.
For illegally deploying an FDW, the penalty is a fine of up to $10,000. Convicted employers may also be banned from employing FDWs.
For employing an FDW without a valid Work Permit, the penalty is a fine between $5,000 and $30,000, or imprisonment for up to 1 year, or both. For subsequent convictions, offenders face mandatory imprisonment.