At a glance
When to cancel
You need to cancel a Work Permit:
- Within 1 week after the confinement nanny's employment ends.
- When it expires.
Who can cancel
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How long it takes
Cancellation is immediate.
When levy stops
1 day before cancellation.
- Settle all outstanding employment issues, such as paying of salary, before cancelling the Work Permit.
- Your nanny must leave Singapore before her visit pass expires.
- Cancel the Work Permit within 1 week after the last day of employment or when the Work Permit expires.
If your nanny’s last day of work is 1 August, you should cancel her Work Permit on 2 August so that levy will only be charged until 1 August.
How to cancel
To cancel a Work Permit:
- Log in to cancel the Work Permit.
- Print the acknowledgement letter and give it to your nanny.
Once the Work Permit is cancelled, the nanny cannot work, even while waiting to leave Singapore.
Levy will be charged until 1 day before the cancellation.