At a glance
When to cancel
You need to cancel a confinement nanny’s Work Permit if:
- Her employment ends before the Work Permit expires.
- The Work Permit expires.
Who can cancel
Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
How long it takes
When levy stops
One day before cancellation.
- Your nanny must leave Singapore before her visit pass expires.
- Settle all outstanding employment issues, such as wages, before cancelling the Work Permit.
- Cancel the Work Permit only after the nanny’s last day of work.
If your nanny’s last day of work is 1 August, you should cancel her Work Permit on 2 August so that levy will only be charged until 1 August.
How to cancel
To cancel a Work Permit:
- Log in to make the request to cancel.
- After your request is approved, print the acknowledgement letter.
- Give this acknowledgement letter to the nanny.
When the Work Permit is cancelled, the nanny cannot work, even while waiting to leave Singapore.
Levy will be charged until one day before cancellation.