EntrePass - Before you apply
You may apply for an EntrePass if you are ready to start and operate a new business in Singapore. All applicants must fulfill these requirements:
- Must be a Private Limited Company registered with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority.
Applicants need not register the company first. If registered, it must not be more than six months from date of application.
- Company must have at least $50,000 paid-up-capital.
A bank statement, from the Singapore-based company bank account, of at least $50,000 is required for verification.
- The business must not be illegal.
- Applicants must hold at least 30% of shares in the company.
In addition to the above criteria, applicants will have to show evidence that their businesses meet at least one of these requirements
which will be assessed on merits:
||Receives funding or investment from a recognised third-party Venture Capitalist (VC) or business angel who is accredited by a Singapore Government agency
- Funding strictly monetary, at least $100,000
- Applicant to provide shareholder certificate as supporting document and any other relevant documentation
Examples: Funds approved under:
- Contact Singapore - Global Investor Programme
- Economic Development Board Investments
- Infocomm Investment Pte Ltd
- National Research Foundation - Early Stage Venture Funding
- SPRING Singapore - SPRING SEEDS, Business Angel Scheme
||Holds an Intellectual Property (IP) that is registered with an approved national IP institution
- The IPs must have completed filing with the national IP institution
- One of the shareholders must be the owner of the IPs
- Expired IPs can be considered as long as one of the shareholders is the inventor of the IP
- The IPs must be related to the proposed business conducted in the EntrePass application
Example: Refer to the list of National Intellectual Property Offices.
||Has ongoing research collaboration with a research institution recognised by Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) or Institutes of Higher Learning in Singapore
- Duration of research collaboration is not essential
- Research institution must provide a contact person for verification of research collaboration details, which must be related to proposed business
- Only applicants with ongoing research collaboration will be allowed. Contract of services is not considered as research collaboration
- National Research Foundation -
Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise, Research Centres of Excellence.
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- A*STAR Research Institutes
||Is an incubatee at a Singapore Government supported incubator
- Only existing incubatee is allowed
- Incubatee's work must be related to proposed business
- National Research Foundation -
Technology Incubation Scheme
- Media Development Authority - iJam
- SPRING Singapore - Incubator Development Programme
Examples of businesses that will not be considered for the EntrePass include:
- Coffee shops, hawker centres, food courts
- Bars, night clubs, karaoke lounges
- Foot reflexology, massage parlours
- Acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, herbal dispensing
- Employment agencies, geomancy
Important things you need to take note
Successful applicants will be required to submit the following documents via iSubmit (please select request type option 1) within the first six months of receiving the EntrePass to demonstrate proof of their business operations according to the business plans submitted:
- Latest ACRA business profile; and
- Tenancy contract/proof of operating address or employees’ CPF statement/documentary proof to show effort to employ locals.
Failure to provide the documents to prove ongoing business operations by the end of the sixth month will result in revocation of the EntrePass.
EntrePass holders are only entitled to dependant privileges after they renew their passes.
EntrePass holders who have met the minimum Total Business Spending of at least $150,000 and have created at least four local jobs are able to bring in their families under one of the following passes:
- Dependant's Pass:
- Spouse (legally married)
- Unmarried children under 21 years of age, including those legally adopted
- Long Term Visit Pass:
- Common-law spouse
- Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old
- Unmarried step-children under 21 years old
In addition, those who wish to bring in their parents must have met the minimum Total Business Spending of at least $300,000, and have created at least eight local jobs.
For more information, you may refer to our FAQs.